After brief comments by Jeff and Phil regarding our performance and outlook, we'll be glad to take your questions. In order to allow everyone to participate in the question-and-answer segment, we do ask that you limit yourself to one question.
Before we begin, I need to remind you that any projections or goals we may include in our discussion today are likely to involve risks, which are detailed in our news release, in our SEC filings and in the forward-looking statement at the end of this web presentation and as a reminder, you can follow today's broadcast and slide presentation on our website at spiritaero.com.
With that, I'd like to turn the call over to our Chief Executive Officer, Jeff Turner.
Jeffrey L. TurnerThank you, Coleen, and good morning. Let me welcome you to Spirit's First Quarter Earnings Call. I'll begin with a look at our business and related performance and then Phil will review the financials. After that, we'll be glad to answer your questions. Let's begin on Slide 2. Let me begin by saying how thankful we are for the safety of our employees, contractors and our community in Wichita during and after the recent tornado. I'm extremely proud of what our team and partners accomplished in a very short period of time, to bring our Wichita facility back online safely. It's a testament to the team we have here at Spirit, as well as our unions, customers, suppliers and government and community partners. I would particularly like to note our partner, EB [ph] Construction for their tremendous support during this difficult period. I am pleased to say that due to the team's execution of our disaster recovery plan, all employees returned to work on April 23 and have shipped products across all core programs since the tornado struck on April 14. This performance, along with our first quarter operating results, exemplify what this team is capable of achieving.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV