Updated from 4:36 p.m. EST to provide comments from conference call.
Mountain View, Calif.-based LinkedIn reported earnings of 15 cents per share on $188.50 million in revenue for the March-ended period.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters were expecting earnings of 9 cents per share on $178.58 million in revenue. Sales at Hiring Solutions, its biggest segment, soared 121% to $102.6 million. It accounted for 54% of revenue, up from 49% a year earlier. On the conference call, LinkedIn said this was the seventh straight quarter with revenues doubling.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV