On one hand, Sirius XM (SIRI) and the terrestrial radio lobby cannot stop telling us that (A) Pandora operates an unworkable business model and (B) Pandora has not really had an impact in the space. As such, these entities do not stop talking about Pandora. In fact, they continue to launch subtle and not-so-subtle attacks on the company.
Old school radio (terrestrial and satellite) supporters obsess over Pandora so much, it's next to impossible to cover every example. In this article, I include the major salvos and discuss three reasons why Pandora scares Sirius XM and terrestrial radio.
All Talk, Zero InnovationArbitron (ARB), the company that measures, publishes and helps analyze radio listening,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV