- AIG reports first-quarter earnings per share of $1.65.
- Analysts were expecting EPS of $1.12.
- AIG's Chartis unit reported operating income of $1 billion in the first quarter of 2012, compared to a $424 million loss a year earlier.
AIG Earnings Beat Wall Street Estimates (Update1)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.