Fund Consultants LLC, March 2012. Based on analysis of emerging market closed-end funds offered in multiple jurisdictions as of December 31, 2011; data provided by Morningstar Inc. Closed-end funds are defined as investment companies that are 1) listed on a recognized exchange; 2) possess fixed share capital and; 3) were formed via subscriptions from the public via an open offer or placement. Criteria for inclusion in the emerging markets category is based on the World Bank's definition of emerging countries as measured by lower and middle income per capita. Criteria for fund inclusion is 1) at least 75% of gross assets invested in emerging markets; 2) funds with under 25% exposure to Asian developed markets.
 Capital Link's Awards seek to identify and recognize those fund sponsors and executives who consistently apply high standards of financial disclosure, investor and shareholder relations, and innovation. The Awards' nominating committee consists of CEF and ETF analysts, fund sponsors, and market experts. Capital Link is not part of the nominating committee. Aberdeen received the award out of approximately 100 closed-end fund sponsoring firms.
SOURCE Aberdeen Asset Management Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV