PHILADELPHIA, May 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Aberdeen Asset Management Inc., part of Aberdeen Group, the world's largest manager of emerging market closed-end funds offered by both value and number, was recently recognized at Capital Link, Inc.'s 11th annual Closed-End Fund and Global ETF Forum for its excellence in the U.S. closed-end fund industry.
Aberdeen received the award for Best Shareholder Relations by a Non-U.S. Equity Closed-End Fund Family in 2011, which was based on nominations from analysts throughout the closed-end fund marketplace. This is the second year in a row that Aberdeen has been recognized for its investor relations program.
Commenting on the award, Piers Currie, global head of marketing for Aberdeen, said, "We are delighted to be recognized for our investor relations program, which we take very seriously. In today's volatile environment, with investors constantly searching for income and growth, keeping our shareholders informed with insight from Aberdeen's investment teams around the world is more important than ever."
Expertise in Asia-PacificAt Capital Link's Forum, Donald Amstad, Director, Aberdeen Asia, discussed the case for the Asia-Pacific region, which Aberdeen believes is too important for investors to ignore in their asset allocation strategies. Mr. Amstad comments on the solvency of Asian governments and the importance of growing Asian domestic demand in this short film: http://mediazone.brighttalk.com/comm/Aberdeen/4fbbc12a78-30254-3456-33691 Leader in Emerging Market Closed-End Funds Aberdeen directly manages eleven U.S. exchange-listed closed-end funds, one Canadian investment company, and serves as investment sub-advisor to two other U.S. exchange-listed closed-end funds. Aberdeen's closed-end funds available to North American investors are:
- Aberdeen Asia-Pacific Income Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: FAX)
- Aberdeen Asia-Pacific Income Investment Company Limited (TSX: FAP)
- Aberdeen Australia Equity Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: IAF)
- Aberdeen Chile Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: CH)*
- Aberdeen Emerging Markets Telecommunications and Infrastructure Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: ETF)
- Aberdeen Global Income Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: FCO)*
- Aberdeen Indonesia Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: IF)
- Aberdeen Israel Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: ISL)
- Aberdeen Latin America Equity Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: LAQ)
- First Trust /Aberdeen Global Opportunity Income Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: FAM)
- First Trust /Aberdeen Emerging Opportunity Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: FEO)
- The Asia Tigers Fund, Inc. (NYSE: GRR)
- The India Fund, Inc. (NYSE: IFN)
- The Singapore Fund, Inc. (NYSE: SGF)