PHILADELPHIA, May 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Aberdeen Asset Management Inc., part of Aberdeen Group, the world's largest manager of emerging market closed-end funds offered by both value and number, was recently recognized at Capital Link, Inc.'s 11th annual Closed-End Fund and Global ETF Forum for its excellence in the U.S. closed-end fund industry.
Aberdeen received the award for Best Shareholder Relations by a Non-U.S. Equity Closed-End Fund Family in 2011, which was based on nominations from analysts throughout the closed-end fund marketplace. This is the second year in a row that Aberdeen has been recognized for its investor relations program.
Commenting on the award, Piers Currie, global head of marketing for Aberdeen, said, "We are delighted to be recognized for our investor relations program, which we take very seriously. In today's volatile environment, with investors constantly searching for income and growth, keeping our shareholders informed with insight from Aberdeen's investment teams around the world is more important than ever."
Expertise in Asia-PacificAt Capital Link's Forum, Donald Amstad, Director, Aberdeen Asia, discussed the case for the Asia-Pacific region, which Aberdeen believes is too important for investors to ignore in their asset allocation strategies. Mr. Amstad comments on the solvency of Asian governments and the importance of growing Asian domestic demand in this short film: http://mediazone.brighttalk.com/comm/Aberdeen/4fbbc12a78-30254-3456-33691 Leader in Emerging Market Closed-End Funds Aberdeen directly manages eleven U.S. exchange-listed closed-end funds, one Canadian investment company, and serves as investment sub-advisor to two other U.S. exchange-listed closed-end funds. Aberdeen's closed-end funds available to North American investors are:
- Aberdeen Asia-Pacific Income Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: FAX)
- Aberdeen Asia-Pacific Income Investment Company Limited (TSX: FAP)
- Aberdeen Australia Equity Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: IAF)
- Aberdeen Chile Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: CH)*
- Aberdeen Emerging Markets Telecommunications and Infrastructure Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: ETF)
- Aberdeen Global Income Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: FCO)*
- Aberdeen Indonesia Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: IF)
- Aberdeen Israel Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: ISL)
- Aberdeen Latin America Equity Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: LAQ)
- First Trust /Aberdeen Global Opportunity Income Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: FAM)
- First Trust /Aberdeen Emerging Opportunity Fund, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: FEO)
- The Asia Tigers Fund, Inc. (NYSE: GRR)
- The India Fund, Inc. (NYSE: IFN)
- The Singapore Fund, Inc. (NYSE: SGF)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV