The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading down 32.0 points (-0.2%) at 13,236 as of Thursday, May 3, 2012, 12:35 p.m. ET. During this time, 273.9 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 739.1 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,041 issues advancing vs. 1,846 declining with 162 unchanged. Holding back the Dow today is Intel (Nasdaq:INTC), which is lagging the broader Dow index with a 55-cent decline (-1.9%) bringing the stock to $28.63. This single loss is lowering the Dow Jones Industrial Average by 4.16 points or roughly accounting for 13% of the Dow's overall loss. Volume for Intel currently sits at 21.9 million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 36.3 million shares. Intel has a market cap of $144.98 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 20.3% year to date as of Wednesday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 2.9%. Intel Corporation designs, manufactures, and sells integrated digital technology platforms primarily in the Asia-Pacific, the Americas, Europe, and Japan. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.2, equal to the average electronics industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Intel as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Intel Ratings Report.
Latest Headlines about INTC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV