Penn Virginia (PVA) is an independent oil and gas company primarily engaged in the exploration, development and production of natural gas and oil in various domestic onshore regions of the United States, including Texas, Appalachia, the Mid-Continent and Mississippi. This stock is trading up 12.8% to $5.60 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $4.90-$5.6652-Week Range: $3.92-$15.47 Volume: 1.2 milion Three-Month Average Volume: 1.29 million >>7 Energy Stocks That Investors Have All Wrong From a technical perspective, PVA is skyrocketing here on decent volume. This move has pushed the stock into breakout territory since it has moved above some near-term overhead resistance at $5.44. Traders should now look for long-biased trades off the next major breakout for PVA. That breakout will hit once PVA takes out its 200-day moving average of $6.06 and then some past overhead resistance at $6.36. Look for volume on that move that's near or above 1,289,070 shares. If we get that action soon, look for PVA to hit $7 to $8.50 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV