Aviat Networks (AVNW) provides Internet protocol networking expertise toward building a carrier class foundation for mobile and fixed broadband networks. This stock is trading up 12% at $2.95 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $2.90-$3.0352-Week Range: $1.62-$4.93 Volume: 274,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 232,747 Shares of AVNW are ripping higher today after Needham reiterated its buy rating and $3.50 price target on the stock. Analyst Richard Valera said: "For the second quarter in a row, Aviat delivered solid quarterly results relative to guidance on all key metrics -- including revenue, gross margin and cash burn -- suggesting the business appears to have turned the corner following numerous quarters of restructuring and cash burn." >>3 Tech Stocks to Buy on a Pullback From a technical perspective, AVNW is gapping up huge here back above its 50-day moving average of $2.69 on above average volume. This move is quickly pushing AVNW within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once AVNW takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $3.09 with volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in AVNW off a sustained move or close above $3.09 with volume that's near or above 232,747 shares. If we get that action today or soon, then look for AVNW to challenge and possibly take out its March high of $3.30. If $3.30 is then taken out with volume, this stock has a chance to hit its next significant overhead resistance at $4.40.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV