FXCM Inc. (NYSE:FXCM) and Texas A&M University partnered to bring the 1 st Annual University Currency Trading Contest. Joining Texas A&M University were West Texas A&M University and Baruch College. The grand prize awarded by FXCM to the winning college student Bryce Moody of Texas A&M was a $10,000 tuition scholarship.
Students studying macroeconomics, international business, or who just have an interest and opinion on the US dollar applied their knowledge and skills during a four week period in an educational and fun environment. Participating students had the chance to learn more about the global forex trading market by trading with a practice FXCM forex trading account.
“FXCM hopes all students had fun and learned a lot about the currency markets during the contest. We hope students had the chance to enhance their trading skills, learn fundamentals and technical analysis and apply what they have learned in class. Our ultimate pleasure is seeing a student walk away with a scholarship towards their education,” said Sameer Bhopale, Chief Marketing Officer at FXCM.
Bryce recently sat down with FXCM to tell us more about his trading strategy, “My best currency trade was the AUD/USD. DailyFX wrote about the pair being a short opportunity and said it had the chance of breaking out and the more I studied the technicals the more I believed in the trade. I would place my trades at night, wake up around 2am to check on the trade and usually closed out my trades in the morning. I felt this was the best way to stick to my trading strategy which I would say was the hardest part about trading. I learned that it is ok to factor in other opinions when making trading decisions and I read a lot of the articles from DailyFX.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV