Beer giant Ambev (ABV) is another stock that's forming an ascending triangle setup right now. The company, which weighs in as the biggest beer brewer in Latin America, has had an impressive rally of its own in 2012: shares have climbed around 16% since the first trading day in January. For ABV, the resistance level to watch is $44.
Like with CHL, Ambev has some other factors that add to the strength of this pattern. The first is volume; trading has been slowly declining since the pattern initiated in late March. The second is momentum, as measured by 14-day RSI; momentum has been in a steady uptrend since late November 2011 -- the fact that the RSI line is as of yet unbroken tells us that prices are still climbing at an increasing rate, a good sign for a bullish breakout.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV