NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The following stocks go ex-dividend Monday, meaning an investor must purchase the shares Friday to qualify for the next dividend payment: U.S. Steel (X), Waste Connections (WCN), Sunoco Logistics Partners (SXL) and MeadWestvaco (MWV).
The steel company reported on April 24 a first-quarter loss of $219 million, or $1.52 a share, wider than a year-earlier loss $86 million, or 60 cents.
"Its outlook for stable segment earnings QoQ, while higher than our estimate, missed consensus of $392M," Jefferies analysts wrote in an April 25 report. "Our 2012 est. increases on an upward revised steel price and tubular earnings forecast. With consensus estimates too high and steel market catalysts likely to be underwhelming near term in our view, we maintain our Hold rating."Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 0.7%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV