The Carlyle Group, a big, politically-connected private equity firm, edged higher after an initial public offering that raised $671 million. The company had priced its stock below the expected range late Wednesday. Carlyle, trading on the Nasdaq under the ticker "CG," has about $147 billion in assets under management.
Other swinging stocks:
â¿¿ Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc. plunged 47.8 percent. The maker of single-cup coffee machines and cartridges said late Wednesday that its earnings for the fiscal year ending in September will be far below its previous forecast and analysts' estimates. Green Mountain shares have lost more than three-fourths of their value since September.
â¿¿ Cablevision Systems Corp. dropped 7.9 percent after its first-quarter revenue fell short of analysts' expectations and profit declined sharply.â¿¿ Viacom Inc., owner of MTV and Paramount Pictures, rose 3.4 percent after saying its net income rose sharply as its TV networks brought in more revenue. â¿¿ Orbitz Worldwide Inc. rose 4.4 percent after narrowing its first-quarter loss and beating analysts' estimates. ___ Daniel Wagner can be reached at www.twitter.com/wagnerreports.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV