The data warehousing specialist, which is one of TheStreet's top 'big data' stocks for 2012, brought in revenue of $613 million, a 21% hike on the prior year's quarter.
Excluding items, Teradata earned 60 cents a share, up from 48 cents a share in the prior year's quarter. Analysts were looking for sales of $587.5 million and earnings of 56 cents a share.
The numbers pushed Teradata's stock up $3.81, or 5.28%, to $76 in pre-market trading.Shares of Intel (INTC) crept up 15 cents, or 0.51%, to $29.33 on Thursday after German chipmaker Infineon Technologies raised its full-year outlook, boosted by demand from car manufacturers. Intel was also one of the most active Nasdaq stocks in pre-market trading on share volume of 162,672. Apple (AAPL) was another active stock on pre-market volume of 141,625. Shares of the iPhone maker rose $2.34, or 0.4%, to $588.32. --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV