The data warehousing specialist, which is one of TheStreet's top 'big data' stocks for 2012, brought in revenue of $613 million, a 21% hike on the prior year's quarter.
Excluding items, Teradata earned 60 cents a share, up from 48 cents a share in the prior year's quarter. Analysts were looking for sales of $587.5 million and earnings of 56 cents a share.
The numbers pushed Teradata's stock up $3.81, or 5.28%, to $76 in pre-market trading.Shares of Intel (INTC) crept up 15 cents, or 0.51%, to $29.33 on Thursday after German chipmaker Infineon Technologies raised its full-year outlook, boosted by demand from car manufacturers. Intel was also one of the most active Nasdaq stocks in pre-market trading on share volume of 162,672. Apple (AAPL) was another active stock on pre-market volume of 141,625. Shares of the iPhone maker rose $2.34, or 0.4%, to $588.32. -- Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV