Crosshair Outlines Resource Expansion Program For Juniper Ridge
Crosshair Energy Corporation ( NYSE Amex: CXZ) (TSX: CXX) (“Crosshair” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that its 2012 exploration program for the Juniper Ridge Uranium Project, located in south-central Wyoming, is scheduled to begin June 1, 2012.
The program of approximately 60,000 ft (18,290 metres) of drilling will build on the strong results from last year’s program which culminated in an initial mineral resource estimate of 5.2 million pounds of uranium oxide (4.14 million tons at 0.063% eU 3O 8), using a grade-thickness (GT) cut-off of 0.1%-ft.
“We are excited to be continuing our resource expansion efforts in Wyoming this year,” stated Mark Ludwig, Crosshair Energy’s President & CEO. “Last year’s successful program confirmed an Indicated Resource of more than 5 million pounds of uranium oxide and we expect the 2012 program to capture more of the historic resource.”
Mr. Ludwig went on to say, “As the percentage of the world’s nuclear generated electricity continues to grow, the uranium needed to fuel those generating stations will pressure existing supply. To meet the increasing need for uranium, I expect to see higher levels of exploration, development and production from Wyoming’s uranium deposits during the next decade.”2012 Juniper Ridge Program Details
- The 2012 program is planned to employ three drill rigs, four geologists, and two geophysicists.
- Drilling will be focused in areas where significant resource drilling was done in the 1970s and 1980s.
- 88% of the resource is shallow, lying within 150 ft. of surface.
- Metallurgical testing is underway to confirm the favorable recoveries recorded in the historic reports.
- Environmental monitoring infrastructure is scheduled to be installed once the drilling begins, for the collection of baseline environmental conditions in preparation for permitting.
- The Juniper Ridge exploration program is being supervised by Tom Bell, Ph.D., Vice President & Chief Geologist of Crosshair Energy.
- The goal of the 2012 program is to verify more of the historic geological resources estimated at 7 to 10 million pounds at a grade between 0.056% and 0.067% U 3O 8. These potential tonnages and grades are conceptual in nature, there has been insufficient exploration to define an increased mineral resource and it is uncertain if further exploration will increase the mineral resources. These figures are reported as exploration targets based on reasonable assumptions made from historical data by the Company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV