Nordstrom, Inc. (NYSE: JWN) today reported a 7.1 percent increase in same-store sales for the four-week period ended April 28, 2012 compared with the four-week period ended April 30, 2011. Preliminary total retail sales of $802 million for April 2012 increased 10.5 percent compared with total retail sales of $726 million for the same period in fiscal 2011.
First quarter same-store sales increased 8.5 percent compared with the same period in fiscal 2011. Preliminary first quarter total retail sales of $2.53 billion increased 13.7 percent compared with total retail sales of $2.23 billion for the same period in fiscal 2011.
To hear Nordstrom’s pre-recorded April sales message, please dial (402) 220-6036 beginning today at 8:40 a.m. EDT. This recording will be available for one week.
|APRIL SALES RESULTS|
|(unaudited; $ in millions)|
|Total Retail Sales||Same-store Sales|
|Number of stores||Apr-12||Apr-11|
|Nordstrom Rack and other||112||95|
|Gross square footage||24,898,000||24,184,000|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV