- Income from continuing operations was $78.4 million, or $0.49 per diluted share, compared to $61.7 million, or $0.39 per share, for the first quarter of 2011.
- Excluding charges and gains, diluted EPS from continuing operations was $0.53, up 29% from $0.41 in the year-ago quarter.
- Net sales were $533.8 million (excluding excise taxes), up 2%.
- Net sales were up 13% on a comparable basis, which adjusts for foreign exchange, acquisitions/divestitures, and the impact of the Australia spirits distribution agreement announced in the first quarter of 2011.
- Comparable net sales were up 12% in North America, up 12% in Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA), and up 16% in Asia Pacific/South America (APSA).
- Operating income was $131.1 million, up 17%.
- Operating income before charges/gains was $138.0 million, also up 17%.
- Adjusted return on invested capital (rolling 12 months) was 7% and was 23% excluding intangibles.
Beam Reports First Quarter Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.