- Income from continuing operations was $78.4 million, or $0.49 per diluted share, compared to $61.7 million, or $0.39 per share, for the first quarter of 2011.
- Excluding charges and gains, diluted EPS from continuing operations was $0.53, up 29% from $0.41 in the year-ago quarter.
- Net sales were $533.8 million (excluding excise taxes), up 2%.
- Net sales were up 13% on a comparable basis, which adjusts for foreign exchange, acquisitions/divestitures, and the impact of the Australia spirits distribution agreement announced in the first quarter of 2011.
- Comparable net sales were up 12% in North America, up 12% in Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA), and up 16% in Asia Pacific/South America (APSA).
- Operating income was $131.1 million, up 17%.
- Operating income before charges/gains was $138.0 million, also up 17%.
- Adjusted return on invested capital (rolling 12 months) was 7% and was 23% excluding intangibles.
Beam Reports First Quarter Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.