Ballantyne Strong, Inc. (NYSE Amex: BTN):
|Conference call:||Today - Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 10:00 AM ET|
|Webcast / Replay URL:||
http://www.strong-world.com (Investor Relations section) or www.earnings.com
|The replay will be available on the Internet for 90 days.|
|Dial-in number:||800/901-1807 (no pass code required)|
Ballantyne Strong, Inc. (NYSE Amex: BTN), a provider of digital cinema projection equipment and services, cinema screens and other cinema products, today reported financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012.
First Quarter Highlights
- Net revenues increased 38% to $44.0 million compared to Q1 2011.
- Operating income increased 50% to $3.4 million compared to Q1 2011.
- Achieved diluted earnings per share of $0.17 compared to $0.11 per share in Q1 2011.
First Quarter ResultsBallantyne Strong’s net revenues increased 38% to $44.0 million, led by an 88% year-over-year increase in digital product sales. Cinema service revenues also increased 48% to $3.7 million when compared to Q1 2011, pursuant to the Company’s ongoing focus on further increasing its after-sale maintenance and NOC (Network Operations Center) 24/7 monitoring businesses, in addition to digital projection system installation and integration work on behalf of North American theatre owners and other clients.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts