Ballantyne Strong, Inc. (NYSE Amex: BTN):
|Conference call:||Today - Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 10:00 AM ET|
|Webcast / Replay URL:||http://www.strong-world.com (Investor Relations section) or www.earnings.com|
|The replay will be available on the Internet for 90 days.|
|Dial-in number:||800/901-1807 (no pass code required)|
Ballantyne Strong, Inc. (NYSE Amex: BTN), a provider of digital cinema projection equipment and services, cinema screens and other cinema products, today reported financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012.
First Quarter Highlights
- Net revenues increased 38% to $44.0 million compared to Q1 2011.
- Operating income increased 50% to $3.4 million compared to Q1 2011.
- Achieved diluted earnings per share of $0.17 compared to $0.11 per share in Q1 2011.
First Quarter ResultsBallantyne Strong’s net revenues increased 38% to $44.0 million, led by an 88% year-over-year increase in digital product sales. Cinema service revenues also increased 48% to $3.7 million when compared to Q1 2011, pursuant to the Company’s ongoing focus on further increasing its after-sale maintenance and NOC (Network Operations Center) 24/7 monitoring businesses, in addition to digital projection system installation and integration work on behalf of North American theatre owners and other clients.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV