Avon Products Inc Stock Downgraded (AVP)
- The gross profit margin for AVON PRODUCTS is rather high; currently it is at 63.20%. Regardless of AVP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, AVP's net profit margin of 1.00% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Personal Products industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 81.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $143.60 million to $26.50 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.07 and currently higher than the industry average, implying that there is very poor management of debt levels within the company. To add to this, AVP has a quick ratio of 0.63, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts