SAO PAULO, May 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ultrapar Participacoes S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: UGPA3 / NYSE: UGP), a company engaged in fuel distribution (Ultragaz/Ipiranga), chemicals (Oxiteno) and storage for liquid bulk (Ultracargo), hereby reports its results for the first quarter of 2012.
We present in 1Q12 one more quarter of positive earnings progression, with 7% EBITDA growth. In addition, Ultrapar was recognized by two important international institutions, Fortune Magazine and World Finance, for the quality of its management and corporate governance.
- VOLUME AND NET REVENUES GROW IN ALL BUSINESSES
- ULTRAPAR'S NET REVENUES REACH R$ 12 BILLION IN 1Q12, GROWTH OF 15% OVER 1Q11
- ULTRAPAR EBITDA REACHES R$ 502 MILLION IN 1Q12, UP 7% OVER 1Q11
- ULTRAPAR IS RANKED THE 5TH MOST ADMIRED ENERGY COMPANY IN THE WORLD BY FORTUNE MAGAZINE AND IS AWARDED THE BEST CORPORATE GOVERNANCE OF BRAZIL BY WORLD FINANCE
- OXITENO ACQUIRES A PLANT FOR PRODUCTION OF SPECIALTY CHEMICALS IN THE UNITED STATES
"We started 2012, the year Ultrapar completes 75 years of history, with significant accomplishments and achievements, reaping the benefits of the strategy developed and implemented over the last years. In recognition of the quality of management and leadership in corporate governance, Ultrapar was ranked the 5th most admired company in the world in the energy sector by Fortune Magazine and was awarded the best corporate governance in Brazil by World Finance. In addition, we continued with Oxiteno's expansion plan in the United States by acquiring a plant for the production of specialty chemicals in Texas, one of the world's most important chemical hubs, benefiting from competitive raw materials."
Pedro Wongtschowski – CEOResults conference call Brazilian conference call May 4th, 2012 10:00 a.m. (US EST) Sao Paulo – SPTelephone for connection: +55 11 2188 0155Code: Ultrapar International conference call May 4th, 2012 11:30 a.m. (US EST)Participants in Brazil: 0800 891 0015Participants in the USA: 1 877 317 6776International participants: +1 412 317 6776Code: Ultrapar IR Contact E-mail: email@example.comTelephone: +55 11 3177 7014Website: www.ultra.com.br Ultrapar Participacoes S.A.UGPA3 = R$ 40.00/share (03/31/12)UGP = US$ 21.69/ADR (03/31/12) SOURCE Ultrapar Participacoes S.A.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts