Our standard digital signage product sales were up 14% compared to the second quarter of last year as our Matrix product line continue to grow delivering 33% year-over-year growth in the second quarter.
As we move forward with our digital signage growth effort, we expect the primary growth driver to come from our standard digital signage products. We launched several new products this past quarter to help propel that growth. Most noteworthy is our new Planar Mosaic product line. This multi display system builds off our Matrix technology base, extended significantly and will allow us to enable customers to build tiled LCD wall of a variety of shapes and sizes and design, and to address new applications of tiled LCD walls. This also includes a new square video tile which will enable new types of designs as well.
In addition, we launched new additions to the Matrix family of product to enable more applications to be accessed with our product line. We also have several other new products under development that address the digital signage market which we expect to launch and begin shipping later this fiscal year.
In our commercial and industrial product lines, we saw sales of $30 million which was down 18% from the second quarter a year ago. We saw good growth in our desktop monitor and touch monitor product lines which has offset by a declines in our rear projection cubes, EL, and high end home lines.As we look forward in our commercial and industrial product lines, we do see some potential for sequential improvement in the third quarter as we see some improvement in rear projection cubes and continue to strengthen desktop and touch monitors. In addition, we expect to see improvement in our custom commercial and industrial product lines as we see a strengthening with some of our production customers. Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV