CSX (CSX) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, CSX fell 13 cents (-0.6%) to $22.55 on light volume. Throughout the day, 5.4 million shares of CSX exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11.9 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $22.35-$22.62 after having opened the day at $22.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.68. Other company's within the Transportation industry that declined today were: Eagle Bulk Shipping (EGLE), down 10.4%, Seanergy Maritime Holdings (SHIP), down 6.2%, Paragon Shipping (PRGN), down 5.8%, and Excel Maritime Carriers (EXM), down 5.5%. CSX Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides rail-based transportation services. It offers traditional rail service and the transport of intermodal containers and trailers. CSX has a market cap of $23.16 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.7, equal to the average transportation industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate CSX a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates CSX as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels, impressive record of earnings per share growth and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full CSX Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CSX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV