China Unicom (Hong Kong (CHU) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, China Unicom (Hong Kong fell 24 cents (-1.4%) to $17.40 on light volume. Throughout the day, 688,590 shares of China Unicom (Hong Kong exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $17.25-$17.44 after having opened the day at $17.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.64. Other company's within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: Qiao Xing Communication (QXM), down 29.4%, Ubiquiti Networks (UBNT), down 17.4%, Plantronics (PLT), down 11.9%, and Vonage Holdings Corporation (VG), down 7.3%. China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited, an investment holding company, engages in the provision of GSM and WCDMA cellular, and related telecommunications services primarily in the People's Republic of China. China Unicom (Hong Kong has a market cap of $40.96 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 62.1, above the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 60.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 16.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are four analysts that rate China Unicom (Hong Kong a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates China Unicom (Hong Kong as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full China Unicom (Hong Kong Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CHU
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV