Dell (DELL) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology loser. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Dell fell 22 cents (-1.4%) to $16.18 on average volume. Throughout the day, 15.6 million shares of Dell exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 17.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $16.12-$16.40 after having opened the day at $16.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.40. Other company's within the Technology sector that declined today were: Qiao Xing Communication (QXM), down 29.4%, CEVA (CEVA), down 22.3%, Ubiquiti Networks (UBNT), down 17.4%, and Opentable (OPEN), down 15%. Dell Inc. provides integrated technology solutions in the information technology (IT) industry worldwide. Dell has a market cap of $28.84 billion and is part of the computer hardware industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.7, equal to the average computer hardware industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 12.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Dell a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Dell as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Dell Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about DELL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV