Teck Resources Ltd Class B (TCK) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, Teck Resources Ltd Class B fell 83 cents (-2.2%) to $36.88 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.7 million shares of Teck Resources Ltd Class B exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $36.78-$37.40 after having opened the day at $37.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.71. Other company's within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Arch Coal (ACI), down 7.8%, McEwen Mining (MUX), down 6.7%, Jaguar Mining (JAG), down 6.4%, and Alpha Natural Resources (ANR), down 5.4%. Teck Resources Limited operates as a diversified mining, mineral processing, and metallurgical company. It is involved in exploring, developing, smelting, refining, safety, environmental protecting, product stewardship, recycling, and researching activities. Teck Resources Ltd Class B has a market cap of $21.52 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.5, equal to the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Teck Resources Ltd Class B a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Teck Resources Ltd Class B as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Teck Resources Ltd Class B Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about TCK
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV