Teck Resources Ltd Class B (TCK): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Loser
Teck Resources Ltd Class B (TCK) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, Teck Resources Ltd Class B fell 83 cents (-2.2%) to $36.88 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.7 million shares of Teck Resources Ltd Class B exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $36.78-$37.40 after having opened the day at $37.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.71. Other company's within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Arch Coal (ACI), down 7.8%, McEwen Mining (MUX), down 6.7%, Jaguar Mining (JAG), down 6.4%, and Alpha Natural Resources (ANR), down 5.4%. Teck Resources Limited operates as a diversified mining, mineral processing, and metallurgical company. It is involved in exploring, developing, smelting, refining, safety, environmental protecting, product stewardship, recycling, and researching activities. Teck Resources Ltd Class B has a market cap of $21.52 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.5, equal to the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Teck Resources Ltd Class B a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Teck Resources Ltd Class B as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Teck Resources Ltd Class B Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV