Zimmer Holdings Inc (ZMH): Today's Featured Health Services Loser
Zimmer Holdings (ZMH) pushed the Health Services industry lower today making it today's featured Health Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Zimmer Holdings fell 72 cents (-1.1%) to $63.77 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.2 million shares of Zimmer Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $63.38-$64.06 after having opened the day at $63.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $64.49. Other company's within the Health Services industry that declined today were: Sunshine Heart (SSH), down 10.8%, D Medical Industries (DMED), down 8.3%, CAS Medical Systems (CASM), down 8%, and World Heart Corporation (WHRT), down 7.1%. Zimmer Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the design, development, manufacture, and marketing of orthopedic reconstructive devices, spinal and trauma devices, dental implants, and related surgical products in the Americas, Europe, and the Asia Pacific. Zimmer Holdings has a market cap of $11.15 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.2, equal to the average health services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 20.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate Zimmer Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Zimmer Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Zimmer Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV