MasterCard Incorporated (MA): Today's Featured Diversified Services Loser
MasterCard Incorporated (MA) pushed the Diversified Services industry lower today making it today's featured Diversified Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, MasterCard Incorporated fell $4.45 (-1%) to $451.45 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.2 million shares of MasterCard Incorporated exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 847,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $440-$458.20 after having opened the day at $446.69 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $455.90. Other company's within the Diversified Services industry that declined today were: Opentable (OPEN), down 15%, USA Technologies (USAT), down 8.4%, Cleveland BioLabs (CBLI), down 7.4%, and R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company (RRD), down 6.9%. MasterCard Incorporated, a payments and technology company, together with its subsidiaries, provides transaction processing and other payment-related services in the United States and internationally. MasterCard Incorporated has a market cap of $54.86 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 30.5, equal to the average diversified services industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 22.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 22 analysts that rate MasterCard Incorporated a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates MasterCard Incorporated as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full MasterCard Ratings Report.
- Use our diversified services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV