Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co (GT): Today's Featured Consumer Non-Durables Loser
Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Non-Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Goodyear Tire & Rubber fell 14 cents (-1.2%) to $11.14 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6.1 million shares of Goodyear Tire & Rubber exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $11.01-$11.24 after having opened the day at $11.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.28. Other company's within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that declined today were: MOD-PAC Corporation (MPAC), down 22.7%, Exceed Company (EDS), down 8.6%, Tufco Technologies (TFCO), down 6.8%, and Standard Register Company (SR), down 4.9%. The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company develops, manufactures, distributes, and sells tires, and related products and services worldwide. Goodyear Tire & Rubber has a market cap of $2.69 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.9, below the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio of 14.1 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 20.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Goodyear Tire & Rubber a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Goodyear Tire & Rubber as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally poor debt management, poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Goodyear Tire & Rubber Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV