Clorox Company (CLX): Today's Featured Consumer Durables Loser
Clorox Company (CLX) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Clorox Company fell $2.22 (-3.2%) to $67.80 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3.9 million shares of Clorox Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 992,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $66.75-$68.75 after having opened the day at $68.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.02. Other company's within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: SGOCO Group (SGOC), down 13.2%, Sealy (ZZ), down 5.5%, Virco Manufacturing Corporation (VIRC), down 4.5%, and Pitney Bowes (PBI), down 3.2%. The Clorox Company manufactures and markets consumer and institutional products worldwide. The company operates in four segments: Cleaning, Lifestyle, Household, and International. Clorox Company has a market cap of $9.1 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.5, above the average consumer durables industry P/E ratio of 17.1 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 5.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Clorox Company a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Clorox Company as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that we feel that the company's cash flow from its operations has been weak overall.
- You can view the full Clorox Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV