Targa Resources Corp (TRGP): Today's Featured Utilities Winner
Targa Resources (TRGP) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Targa Resources rose 73 cents (1.5%) to $49.21 on average volume. Throughout the day, 214,242 shares of Targa Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 196,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $47.98-$49.23 after having opened the day at $48.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.48. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Active Power (ACPW), up 9.2%, Dynegy (DYN), up 4.6%, Korea Electric Power (KEP), up 3.4%, and GreenHunter Energy (GRH), up 3%. Targa Resources Corp., through its general and limited partner interests in Targa Resources Partners LP, provides midstream natural gas and natural gas liquid (NGL) services in the United States. Targa Resources has a market cap of $2.04 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 65, equal to the average utilities industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 19.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Targa Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Targa Resources as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally weak debt management and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Targa Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV