CH Robinson Worldwide Inc. (CHRW): Today's Featured Transportation Winner
CH Robinson Worldwide (CHRW) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, CH Robinson Worldwide rose $1.50 (2.5%) to $62.30 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4.1 million shares of CH Robinson Worldwide exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $60.51-$62.66 after having opened the day at $60.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $60.80. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Con-way (CNW), up 12.9%, Diana Containerships (DCIX), up 10.4%, TOP Ships (TOPS), up 8.8%, and Celadon Group (CGI), up 6.6%. C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc., a third-party logistics company, provides freight transportation services and logistics solutions to companies in various industries worldwide. CH Robinson Worldwide has a market cap of $9.74 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.2, equal to the average transportation industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 12.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate CH Robinson Worldwide a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and 15 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates CH Robinson Worldwide as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full CH Robinson Worldwide Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV