Red Hat (RHT) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Red Hat rose $1.56 (2.6%) to $61.95 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.1 million shares of Red Hat exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of two million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $59.76-$62.25 after having opened the day at $59.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $60.39. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Standard Microsystems Corporation (SMSC), up 38.8%, Web.com Group (WWWW), up 19.7%, Calix (CALX), up 17.4%, and TripAdvisor (TRIP), up 16.7%. Red Hat, Inc. provides open source software solutions to enterprises worldwide. It also offers enterprise-ready open source operating system platforms. Red Hat has a market cap of $11.5 billion and is part of the computer software & services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 79.5, equal to the average computer software & services industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 46.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Red Hat a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Red Hat as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full Red Hat Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about RHT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV