Tractor Supply (TSCO) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Tractor Supply rose $1.39 (1.4%) to $99.77 on average volume. Throughout the day, 814,807 shares of Tractor Supply exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 765,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $97.58-$100.75 after having opened the day at $98.04 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $98.38. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Francescas Holdings (FRAN), up 3.8%, iParty Corporation (IPT), up 3.6%, Vitamin Shoppe (VSI), up 2.9%, and Luxottica Group (LUX), up 2.8%. Tractor Supply Company operates retail farm and ranch stores in the United States. Tractor Supply has a market cap of $7.07 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 29.6, equal to the average specialty retail industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 40.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Tractor Supply a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Tractor Supply as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Tractor Supply Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about TSCO
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV