Urban Outfitters Inc. (URBN): Today's Featured Services Winner
Urban Outfitters (URBN) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Urban Outfitters rose $1.27 (4.4%) to $30.10 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.8 million shares of Urban Outfitters exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $28.61-$30.13 after having opened the day at $28.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.83. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: Emmis Communications (EMMS), up 24.8%, Charming Shoppes (CHRS), up 23.9%, Hudson Technology (HDSN), up 22.8%, and Papa John's International (PZZA), up 19.9%. Urban Outfitters Inc. operates lifestyle specialty retail stores under the Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People, Terrain, and BHLDN brand names in the United States, Canada, and Europe. Urban Outfitters has a market cap of $4.19 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.3, equal to the average retail industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate Urban Outfitters a buy, three analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Urban Outfitters as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Urban Outfitters Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV