Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (BBBY): Today's Featured Retail Winner
Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Bed Bath & Beyond rose $1.57 (2.2%) to $71.61 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.3 million shares of Bed Bath & Beyond exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $69.58-$71.74 after having opened the day at $69.69 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.04. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: Charming Shoppes (CHRS), up 23.9%, American Eagle Outfitters (AEO), up 16.8%, Ascena Retail Group (ASNA), up 10.4%, and Overstock.com (OSTK), up 8.6%. Bed Bath & Beyond Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates a chain of retail stores. Bed Bath & Beyond has a market cap of $16.46 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.3, equal to the average retail industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 20.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Bed Bath & Beyond a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Bed Bath & Beyond as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full Bed Bath & Beyond Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV