Cameco Corp (CCJ): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Winner
Cameco (CCJ) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, Cameco rose 63 cents (2.8%) to $23.40 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4.5 million shares of Cameco exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $22.57-$23.41 after having opened the day at $22.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.77. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Kobex Minerals (KXM), up 7%, Gibraltar Industries (ROCK), up 4.4%, Minco Gold Corporation (MGH), up 3.8%, and Northwest Pipe Company (NWPX), up 3.7%. Cameco Corporation operates as a uranium producer, supplier of conversion services, and fuel manufacturer. The company's Uranium segment is involved in the exploration for, mining, milling, purchase, and sale of uranium concentrate. Cameco has a market cap of $8.72 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.7, equal to the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 26.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate Cameco a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Cameco as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Cameco Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV