Charter Communications (CHTR) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Charter Communications rose $1.22 (2%) to $62.24 on average volume. Throughout the day, 349,827 shares of Charter Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 313,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $60.93-$62.56 after having opened the day at $60.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.02. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Emmis Communications (EMMS), up 24.8%, ReachLocal (RLOC), up 17.7%, Inuvo (INUV), up 8.2%, and Gray Television (GTN), up 7.9%. Charter Communications, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides entertainment, information, and communications solutions to residential and commercial customers in the United States. Charter Communications has a market cap of $6.08 billion and is part of the services sector. Shares are up 7.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Charter Communications a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Charter Communications as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally weak debt management, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Charter Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CHTR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV