MGM Resorts International (MGM): Today's Featured Leisure Winner
MGM Resorts International (MGM) pushed the Leisure industry higher today making it today's featured leisure winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, MGM Resorts International rose 26 cents (2%) to $13.55 on average volume. Throughout the day, 11 million shares of MGM Resorts International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $13.26-$13.78 after having opened the day at $13.36 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.29. Other companies within the Leisure industry that increased today were: Papa John's International (PZZA), up 19.9%, Orbitz Worldwide (OWW), up 11.1%, Ameristar Casinos (ASCA), up 9.5%, and Vail Resorts (MTN), up 8.3%. MGM Resorts International, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates casino resorts. Its casino resorts offer gaming, hotel, convention, dining, entertainment, retail, and other resort amenities. MGM Resorts International has a market cap of $6.56 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 2.4, equal to the average leisure industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 27.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate MGM Resorts International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates MGM Resorts International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins and generally poor debt management.
- You can view the full MGM Resorts International Ratings Report.
- Use our leisure section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV