MGIC Investment Corporation (MTG) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, MGIC Investment Corporation rose 7 cents (2.1%) to $3.33 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6.2 million shares of MGIC Investment Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $3.03-$3.36 after having opened the day at $3.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.26. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Affirmative Insurance Holdings (AFFM), up 6.5%, 21st Century Holding Company (TCHC), up 5.1%, Stewart Information Services (STC), up 4.5%, and Catalyst Health Solutions (CHSI), up 3.6%. MGIC Investment Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides mortgage insurance to lenders and government sponsored entities in the United States. MGIC Investment Corporation has a market cap of $699 million and is part of the financial sector. Shares are down 12.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are three analysts that rate MGIC Investment Corporation a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates MGIC Investment Corporation as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full MGIC Investment Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MTG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV