Ralph Lauren (RL) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Ralph Lauren rose $4.73 (2.8%) to $177 on light volume. Throughout the day, 511,089 shares of Ralph Lauren exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 795,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $171.32-$177.30 after having opened the day at $171.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $172.27. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: STR Holdings (STRI), up 27.8%, Glg Life Tech (GLGL), up 10%, Energizer Holdings (ENR), up 9.6%, and Balchem Corporation (BCPC), up 9.6%. Ralph Lauren Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design, marketing, and distribution of lifestyle products. Ralph Lauren has a market cap of $10.6 billion and is part of the consumer non-durables industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 25, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 24.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Ralph Lauren a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Ralph Lauren as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full Ralph Lauren Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about RL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV