Apple (AAPL) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Apple rose $3.85 (0.7%) to $585.98 on light volume. Throughout the day, 15.1 million shares of Apple exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 25.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $578.86-$587.40 after having opened the day at $580.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $582.13. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: Key Tronic Corporation (KTCC), up 15.6%, Hutchinson Technology (HTCH), up 6%, Cray (CRAY), up 4.6%, and SMART Technologies (SMT), up 3.6%. Apple Inc., together with subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers, mobile communication devices, and portable digital music and video players, as well as sells various related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions. Apple has a market cap of $546.06 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.2, equal to the average computer hardware industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 43.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 37 analysts that rate Apple a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Apple as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full Apple Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about AAPL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV