Ashland (ASH) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Ashland rose 56 cents (0.8%) to $66.95 on light volume. Throughout the day, 432,360 shares of Ashland exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 680,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $65.92-$67.10 after having opened the day at $65.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $66.39. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Balchem Corporation (BCPC), up 9.6%, Senomyx (SNMX), up 8.6%, Pure Bioscience (PURE), up 8.3%, and Landec Corporation (LNDC), up 7.8%. Ashland Inc. operates as a specialty chemicals company in the United States and internationally. It operates through four segments: Specialty Ingredients, Water Technologies, Performance Materials, and Consumer Markets. Ashland has a market cap of $5.16 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 119.8, above the average chemicals industry P/E ratio of 42.2 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 16.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate Ashland a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Ashland as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Ashland Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ASH
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV