Turning my attention to the utility. PSE&G's execution on its capital investment program, as it maintains a focus on meeting needs of its customers, is providing a growing source of earnings. PSE&G received good news in March from the National Park Service that identified our route for the Susquehanna-Roseland transmission line as its preferred alternative for the portion of the line that runs through the Delaware Water Gap Recreational Area. This is the route that was approved by state regulators, including the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities. A final decision is expected by October of this year.
This $790 million dollar project is scheduled to enter service in June 2015. We are awaiting the BPU's approval for the $390 million North Central transmission line. This line is scheduled to enter service in 2014. Over the next 3 years, PSE&G plans to invest $5.4 billion on transmission, as well as energy efficiency, solar power and upgrading the reliability of the distribution system. In addition to the obvious customer and shareholder benefits, these capital programs will provide important jobs and support the state's economy. PSEG Power is adding 270 megawatts of new peaking capacity at its Kearny station in June 2012, in place of older, less efficient capacity that it will retire. It will also be adding 130 megawatts of new peaking capacity in Connecticut.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV