New investment activity during the quarter was focused on the funding of our four properties that are under construction. We expect first delivered homes in June for our Lawrence Station asset in Sunnyvale. We’ve a balance-to-fund of approximately $275 million on our four communities under construction. Two of the four cycle, we fully delivered by mid 2013 and Wilshire La Brea and Solstice will start delivering in the fourth quarter of 2013 and into early 2014.
While there is talk of supply becoming a challenge nationally, our West Coast markets were still issuing from it at a slower pace than historical norm. The current monthly average of permits issued in our markets is about 2,500 per month, which is lower than average for the last 15 year of 4,200 per month. Given both the level of competition and opportunities for acquisition, our investment activity is focused on our development pipeline.
At the beginning of the year, we anticipated funding our development requirements with a mix of ATM equity, community dispositions and drives under our revolving credit facility. After recent $40 million of credit under the ATM in the first quarter, we now expect to lean more heavily towards community sales as the source of capital. We currently expect to sell a $130 million to $180 million of community properties prior to year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV