- Annuity sales for the first quarter of 2012 were $979 million (before coinsurance) compared to first quarter 2011 annuity sales of $1.3 billion (before coinsurance). First quarter 2011 benefited from sales in advance of a rate decrease implemented during that period.
- Total invested assets grew 15% to $24.0 billion at March 31, 2012 compared to total invested assets of $20.8 billion at March 31, 2011.
- Investment spread margin over the cost of money on annuity deposits remained steady at 2.93% for the first quarter of 2012 compared to 2.97% for the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Estimated risk-based capital (“RBC”) ratio at March 31, 2012 remained above target at 343%.
- Book value per outstanding common share (excluding Accumulated Other Comprehensive Income) grew to $16.24 at March 31, 2012 compared to $16.09 at December 31, 2011.
American Equity Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.