This Day On The Street
Continue to site
ADVERTISEMENT
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here

Manning & Napier, Inc. Reports First Quarter Earnings Results

Since December 31, 2011, AUM increased by $4.5 billion, including increases in separate account AUM of 10% and in mutual fund and collective investment trust AUM of 13%. Of the $4.5 billion increase in AUM from December 31, 2011 to March 31, 2012, 93%, or $4.2 billion, of the increase came from market appreciation during the period. The remaining 7% of the increase was driven by net new client flows of $0.3 billion, primarily attributable to $0.4 billion of net inflows from our mutual funds and collective investment trusts, offset by $0.1 billion of net client out flows from our separate accounts caused by withdrawals from existing client accounts. The annualized separate account cancellation rate was 4.4% during the three months ended March 31, 2012.

When compared to March 31, 2011, AUM increased by $2.1 billion from $42.6 billion, including an increase of $0.4 billion, or 2%, in separate account AUM and an increase of $1.7 billion, or 10%,in mutual fund and collective investment trust AUM.

Balance Sheet Review

As of March 31, 2012, cash and cash equivalents was $81.4 million, compared with $81.2 million as of December 31, 2011. The Company had no debt outstanding as of March 31, 2012.

Conference Call

Manning & Napier will host a conference call to discuss its first quarter earnings results on Thursday, May 3, 2012, at 8:00 a.m. ET. To access the teleconference, please dial 706-758-9224 (domestic and international) approximately ten minutes before the teleconference’s scheduled start time and reference ID # 73424266. A live webcast will also be available on the investor relations portion of Manning & Napier’s website at http://ir.manning-napier.com/.

If you are unable to access the live teleconference, a replay will be available beginning approximately two hours after the call’s completion and available through May 10, 2012. The teleconference replay can be accessed by dialing 404-537-3406 (domestic and international) and entering the ID# 73424266. A webcast replay will also be available on the investor relations portion of Manning & Napier’s website at http://ir.manning-napier.com/.

Non-GAAP Financial Measures

To provide investors with greater insight, promote transparency and allow for a more comprehensive understanding of the information used by management in its financial and operational decision-making, the Company supplements its combined consolidated statements of income presented on a GAAP basis with non-GAAP financial measures of earnings. Refer to schedule in this release for a reconciliation of non-GAAP financial measures to GAAP measures.

4 of 7

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Only $9.95
14-Days Free
Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Options Profits

Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.

Product Features:
  • Actionable options commentary and news
  • Real-time trading community
SYM TRADE IT LAST %CHG

Markets

DOW 18,162.99 +121.45 0.67%
S&P 500 2,123.48 +19.28 0.92%
NASDAQ 5,106.5930 +73.8420 1.47%

Partners Compare Online Brokers

Free Reports

Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs