Theme Of Wis. Recall Turns From Unions To Jobs
Falk issued a statement last week claiming Walker has failed the state on jobs. On Wednesday, a political advocacy group backing the former Dane County executive, Wisconsin for Falk, pushed out an ad accusing the governor of counting Wisconsin workers out. Falk told reporters during a visit to a Madison taxi company Wednesday that the recall has always been about jobs.
Vinehout and La Follette haven't launched any major attacks on Walker over jobs; both campaigns are starved for cash.
Walker, for his part, notes that he has called two special legislative sessions to address job creation since he took office and that the state's unemployment rate was 6.8 percent in March, the lowest rate since 2008. This week, he announced a $100 million economic revitalization plan for Milwaukee.
Walker campaign spokeswoman Ciara Matthews said Barrett has no plan for putting people back to work in Milwaukee and is simply trying to distract voters from his record. She did not immediately respond to a message seeking comment about Falk.Walker visited a Waukesha concrete maker Wednesday to celebrate its plans to return at least 55 laid-off employees to work and create 30 new positions. "Every job makes a difference to that person and that family that benefits from that," Walker said. "And every job sends a message to every other small business across the state that it's OK to jump on in, the water's just fine. That's how we've tried to change the climate." ___ Ramde, who reported from Waukesha, Wis., can be reached at dramde(at)ap.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV