GSV Capital (GSVC) is an externally managed, non-diversified closed-end management investment company. This stock is trading up 6.5% at $18.91 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 996,000Average Volume: 796,434 Volume % Change: 108% Shares of GSVC are skyrocketing today after Ascendiant Capital initiated coverage on the stock with a buy rating and a $20 price target. The analyst said GSVC's two largest investments are Twitter and Facebook, and the upcoming IPO for Facebook could be a catalyst to drive the stock higher if Facebook's valuation is above $110 billion. From a technical perspective, GSVC is soaring here on above average volume, and the stock is quickly moving within range of a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once GSVC takes out some past overhead resistance at $20.39 to $20.89 with high-volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades off a sustained move or close above those levels on volume that's near or well above 796,434 shares. If we get that action soon, then GSVC will be trading in all-time high territory and the stock could easily hit $25 or higher very quickly. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV