NuVasive (NUVA) is a medical device company. NuVasive focuses on developing minimally disruptive surgical products and procedures for the spine. This stock is trading up 2.8% at $20.98 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.4 millionAverage Volume: 676,631 Volume % Change: 143% Shares of NUVA are trending higher today after the company reported better-than-expected first quarter revenue of $151.9 million, or a 22% rise from the same period last year on Tuesday. >>5 Breakout Trades to Take On in May From a technical perspective, NUVA is continuing to see buying momentum here after the stock gapped up huge off earnings on Tuesday. That gap up on Tuesday came with monster volume, and volume today is also well above its average action. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if NUVA can manage to close near its daily highs, and maintain its uptrend above its gap-day low of $19. If we continue to see that action, then NUVA can easily hit its next significant overhead resistance levels at $22.50 to $24.50. That said, I would consider short-biased trades if NUVA moves below $19 with heavy volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV